Learn more about Home Care opportunities
On March 27 the NE LHIN is supporting a series of Home Care Recruitment & Information Events, with the help of CarePartners, in 15 communities across the region, including at Canadore College in Parry Sound.
The events are part of the NE LHIN’s efforts to increase capacity in northeastern Ontario’s home and community care workforce. They will also serve to provide valuable information to people interested in learning more about home and community care services in their communities.
Read more in this week's edition of News Centre.
Bank donation honours work of retiree
Scotiabank supports the volunteer work of their valued retirees. One retired bank employee is here every Tuesday keeping patients in our busy fracture clinic apprised of waiting times and who’s up next.
Story and photo in this week's edition of News Centre.
No Non-urgent Care Clinics scheduled at WPSHC
There are no Non-urgent Primary Care Clinics currently scheduled to take place at West Parry Sound Health Centre.
The Emergency Department is always available for patients seeking emergent, urgent, or necessary care.
Patients in the community who are without a primary care doctor may consider the following options.
• Contact (on-line or by telephone) Ontario Health Care Connect: call 1-800-445-1822 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthcareconnect
• West Parry Sound health Centre operates Nursing Stations where primary care is provided by Nurse Practitioners. There may be a Nursing Station close to where you live. Our Nursing Stations prefer to make scheduled visits, though a limited number of same-day appointments can be available. Our nursing stations offer different hours, most commonly 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
You can call to ask about receiving health care services.
• Rosseau - 705 732-1095 • Moose Deer Point - 705 375-9900
• Whitestone - 705 389-1951 • Pointe au Baril - 705 366-2376/2377
• Britt - 705 383-2375 • Port Loring (Argyle) - 705 757-1717
• The Ontario help lines are available for people seeking information about their health care needs: Telehealth: 1-866-797-0000; Mental Health Helpline: 1-866-531-2600.
• Walk-in clinics are a possible option in larger surrounding communities. Listings and information can be found on-line.
Non-urgent care clinics - January 29 and 31
West Parry Sound Health Centre (WPSHC) is pleased that in partnership with members of our medical community we are able to temporarily provide a non-urgent primary care clinic for patients who are currently without a local doctor.
The next clinic at WPSHC will be held on Monday 29 January starting at 9:30 a.m. and running until 1:30 p.m.
There will also be a clinic on Wednesday 31 January starting at 5 p.m. and running until 9.
It is important to note that the clinic does come with some clear limitations: patients should be prepared to wait for care, and additional patients will not be placed in the waiting line once the clinic’s capacity has been reached. Clinics have a scheduled end time, but the registration of new patients will stop before that time. It’s only possible for one physician to see a certain number of patients within a fixed amount of time.
Non-urgent primary care clinic patients must come into the Emergency Department where they will be triaged and then directed to register in Admitting. Patients should bring their medications with them along with a list of all current medications.
All patients and families are reminded that the Emergency Department at West Parry Sound Health Centre is always available to provide emergent, urgent, and necessary care.
It is particularly important for former patients of Dr. Rob Stevens if they have received care, testing, or further referral from a specialist. Call that office to confirm that your care is continuing. If you have an appointment scheduled, call that specialist’s office to confirm your appointment will take place. If your specialist requests additional information for referral, patients can visit an upcoming non-urgent primary care clinic at West Parry Sound Health Centre.
Information about clinic dates and times will be made available:
• on this website,
• an updated recorded message at 705 746-4540 extension 1321,
• or patients can call the health centre’s main telephone number at 705 746-9321.