Thank you for supporting our Foundation
We're thankful for support received from the Trillium Home Ladies Orange Benevolent Association. Read more in this week's edition of News Centre.
Learn more about Home Care opportunities
On March 27 the NE LHIN is supporting a series of Home Care Recruitment & Information Events, with the help of CarePartners, in 15 communities across the region, including at Canadore College in Parry Sound.
The events are part of the NE LHIN’s efforts to increase capacity in northeastern Ontario’s home and community care workforce. They will also serve to provide valuable information to people interested in learning more about home and community care services in their communities.
Read more in this week's edition of News Centre.
Bank donation honours work of retiree
Scotiabank supports the volunteer work of their valued retirees. One retired bank employee is here every Tuesday keeping patients in our busy fracture clinic apprised of waiting times and who’s up next.
Story and photo in this week's edition of News Centre.
No Non-urgent Care Clinics scheduled at WPSHC
There are no Non-urgent Primary Care Clinics currently scheduled to take place at West Parry Sound Health Centre.
The Emergency Department is always available for patients seeking emergent, urgent, or necessary care.
Patients in the community who are without a primary care doctor may consider the following options.
• Contact (on-line or by telephone) Ontario Health Care Connect: call 1-800-445-1822 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthcareconnect
• West Parry Sound health Centre operates Nursing Stations where primary care is provided by Nurse Practitioners. There may be a Nursing Station close to where you live. Our Nursing Stations prefer to make scheduled visits, though a limited number of same-day appointments can be available. Our nursing stations offer different hours, most commonly 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
You can call to ask about receiving health care services.
• Rosseau - 705 732-1095 • Moose Deer Point - 705 375-9900
• Whitestone - 705 389-1951 • Pointe au Baril - 705 366-2376/2377
• Britt - 705 383-2375 • Port Loring (Argyle) - 705 757-1717
• The Ontario help lines are available for people seeking information about their health care needs: Telehealth: 1-866-797-0000; Mental Health Helpline: 1-866-531-2600.
• Walk-in clinics are a possible option in larger surrounding communities. Listings and information can be found on-line.